Friday, June 22, 2012

Crazy Cat Eye Glasses Lady

Holy moly, I can't believe that I'm actually writing yet another post about eyeglasses. I know, 3 pairs of new glasses in one week seems like a lot, especially for a girl who doesn't pay much attention to fashionable fads, BUT here we go again!

Quite by accident, I discovered another fabulous site called Coastal that sells prescription eyeglasses online and they just happened to be offering a special promotion where new customers get their first pair free. Free, you say? Free obviously fits into my cheapskate budget just fine. 

So, because they were going to be free (which in my mind = guilt-free) and I'd already gone out on limb with my new vintage green cat eye specs and wood sunglasses, I decided to choose something out of the ordinary once again. Something I would never picture myself wearing. Nothing black. Nothing boring. Instead I chose the exact opposite. Clear acetate frames lightly tinted in a summery shade called Orange Pekoe. My decision led the quick realization that I had already broken my second rule. Oh yeah, I definitely could have pictured myself wearing these frames - back in the early 80's when I was in 5th grade. Just the thought of it made me shudder in horror. I honestly have no idea why I ordered them anyway.

LOVE L740 Women's Frames - Orange Pekoe
 Also available in Cotton Candy, Passion Fruit, Black and Tortoiseshell.


I was a little nervous when the box arrived, but I boldly tried them on anyway fearing the worst and hoping for the best. Much to my surprise, I didn't feel like the awkward four-eyed kid that I remembered being the last time I wore oversized glasses that look more like a Jell-o flavor than something I would ever consider wearing on my face.


I adore my new frames and wear them everywhere! The youthful color and vintage cat eye shape screams summertime and actually compliments my skin tone and face shape better than I ever would have imagined. I have absolutely no regrets! Ordering was easy peasy with the fancy schmancy try-on view that allows you to upload your own photo. Delivery was quick too - just two days!


Thanks for stopping by to see my sassy new specs! I was not bribed, paid or compensated to write this post and all opinions are my own, but when you shop through my referral link, I will earn credits to spend on even more fun frames :)

Photos and text Copyright 2012 enslavedbyfaeries
The text and photos on this page may not be reproduced, republished, mirrored, or displayed in whole or in part on another webpage, website, or blog.

1 comment:

  1. If you have to wear eye glasses, make sure you get the right ones for you.

    sunglasses

    ReplyDelete