Friday, August 19, 2011

Spork Yeah!

What can I say, simple stuff makes me happy. I'm no longer wooed by the plastic crap that once cluttered my kitchen. Somewhere in the process of getting rid of the toxic junk, I discovered these adorable bamboo sporks and they've become one of my favorite eco-geek finds!


We've been using them for over a year now in our lunchboxes, on camping trips, on hikes and picnics. They're very durable and easy to wash, but what I love most is the portable size.


With the release of the new Spork & Cork set a few months ago, I started thinking of clever ways to tote a few extra sporks around in my purse to make it easier to refuse plastic disposables at a moment's notice. Ha! Altoids to the rescue! Altoid tins are notorious for their many crafty uses and, yes, they are the perfect size to hold 2 Bambu Sporks. Now I'm armed with a clean spork wherever I go!


Kids Spork -easy to hold for babies and toddlers!


Bambu brand sporks are made from sustainable, organic bamboo and are free of bleaches and dyes, so I have no worries about toxins leaching into our foods. The funny thing is that the sporks are also stain resistant and don't absorb flavors, so I don't have to worry about food leaching into our bamboo! Spork yeah!

Photos and text Copyright 2012 enslavedbyfaeries
The text and photos on this page may not be reproduced, republished, mirrored, or displayed in whole or in part on another webpage, website, or blog.

2 comments: